Coach

Coach

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Pizza and beer, #3

It's 2022, and I'm back with another edition of "Five people I'd like to sit down with for pizza and a beer".  Again, the criteria are pretty straightforward:
  • I like what they are doing/saying/singing or I want to learn more about them
  • I think they would actually be interesting to talk to
  • They have a KB # less than 3. (Kevin Bacon number - no more than 3 degrees from me)

So with no further ado:
1.  George W Bush - Politician.  President Bush's politics aren't my cup of tea, but he's always seemed like a reasonable guy, and _always_ struck me as someone I'd like to know. He rides a bike, drives a truck, and generally seems like a decent sort.  Question - Looking back at your career, what one decision would you change?
2.  Lena Headey - Actor.  I've absolutely no idea what Ms Headey would be like to talk to, but after hearing her on "Wait, wait", she seems to be exact opposite of the character she plays on Game of Thrones.  Question - How do you get yourself into character to play Cersei?
3.  Kikkan Randall - Athlete.  There is no doubt in my mind that a huge part of why the US Nordic team has been having success over the past 15 years is Kikkan.  Kikkan has retired, but she'll always be a star in my eyes. Question - how do we capture what you accomplished and apply it to other sports?
4. Ken Jennings - GOAT (at least on Jeopardy.  Why not?  He's obviously intelligent, has a biting wit, and seems to be a pretty neat guy.  Question - what's the toughest non-trivia competition for you?
5. Dan Price - CEO, Gravity Payments.  Not many CEOs making 6 figure incomes are willing to chuck it and work for 'salaryman' wages.  Fewer still would ever consider setting base pay for all workers at 50,000+.  His company not only survived the pandemic, but has thrived.  I want to meet this guy.  I want to buy him a beer, buy him a pizza, thank him for being insanely bold.  Question - WTF were you thinking?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment