Coach

Coach

Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome to Life in the swamp

First a quick intro.  I have resisted setting up a blog for a number of reasons. -Facebook should be enough sharing, too many shiny objects out there, not enough time to do it right, SQUIRREL!, you name it.
But like a lot of people, I find that I have a little to say on several subjects like coaching, cycling, skiing, paddling, how to do 'stuff', occasional civic rants, volunteer projects, and other assorted detritus of life.  

No promises of fancy pictures, incredible stories, etc, but I will try to make it worth reading and maybe even worth coming back again.

Bio - I used to pass myself off as a masters athlete, and high school coach.  I continue to coach club->elite level kayak and canoe racing, but have cut back on the high school nordic side.  I have retired from active competition-at least for the time being, but still ski some, ride a fair amount, paddle when there is open water, and generally stay active.  And still spend time with my wife of nearly 25 years and our dog.  More on them over time, I'm sure.
In my 'real job', I am the technical lead for tools and monitoring at Ameriprise Financial - a fine company, and really enjoy what I do there.


I also do boat repair, build bikes and wheels, individual coaching for my sports, and have been known to taste a craft beer on occasion.  

Anyway, that's a 5cent view of me.  More to come over the weeks and months that follow.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment