Coach

Coach

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Pizza and beer - #2

A while back, I started a list of people with whom I'd like to get together over pizza and beer. Everyone has a list like "Donald Trump, Christian Bale, Taylor Swift..." I'm sure they'd be fascinating to talk to, but I'd really uncomfortable with most of them.  OK, maybe not Taylor, but - you get the idea.
The criteria is pretty simple:
I like what they are doing/saying/singing or I want to learn more about them
I think they would actually be interesting to talk to
They have a KB # less than 3. (Kevin Bacon number - no more than 3 degrees from me)

So with no further ado, here goes.

1.  Jens Voight.  Cyclist.  Who wouldn't want to share a pint with him?  He appears to have been one of the nicest guys in the peleton, and was an absolute beast of a rider.  What do I really want to know? How he motivates himself as a leader.

2. T-Bone Burnett. Musician and producer.  He's produced some of the very best American artists, and is a more than competent professional musician. Question - what is it that he hears that creates 'the sound' for an artist.

3. Elizabeth Warren - Politician.  But before she was a politician, she was a Harvard professor.  I think she is one of the smartest women in America, and would make a pretty darn good president.

4. Justin Trudeau - Politician.  Canadian PM.  Seems to be a moderate liberal, and a pretty good thinker.

5. José Andrés - Chef.  How does a celebrity chef decide to pursue a 'side job' of providing meals for victims and responders in disaster areas - and doing a better job of it than the professional emergency responders, NGOs and governmentals?

No comments:

Post a Comment