Coach

Coach

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

End of summer

What a year!
Lots of activity this summer, which drastically cut into my interest in posting, writing or even thinking about this blog.
The numbers -
More hours than I care to add up spent repairing boats, coaching kayak racing, traveling to races, traveling to camps, retrieving trailers, etc.  My Community Relations person at work called to verify the hours I'd logged on the volunteer site.  I told them it was probably low.
Ten athletes paddled regularly with the kayak training group this summer.
Eight went to Nationals.
Three brought home hardware!
Since Nationals, 7 more have come out for a 'trial paddle/lesson', and most will sign for next season.
Three athletes bought their own K-1s this season.
The club bought a new trailer capable of hauling K-4s (35' long)
Seven athletes went to Oklahoma for their fall regatta and made 4(5?) podiums
Two gravel rides promoted
Four gravel events ridden

It was a busy summer, but was it ever fun!.  I'll try to resume a regular posting schedule this fall/winter.

~marsh


No comments:

Post a Comment