Coach

Coach

Monday, November 17, 2014

What am I listening to now?

It's winter out there.  Winter elicits thoughts of bar music, warm nights in front of the fire, maybe a concert or two.  At the moment, I'm leaning toward the classics with a little bit of newer stuff.
As with most of my playlists, this is pretty athematic.  But, I tend to listen to things I find interesting - not necessarily current.

  1. Rosalita - Bruce Springsteen.  It's got a great energy and typical interesting lyrics.  Nobody - nobody works harder at a concert than The Boss.
  2. Crazy on you.  Heart.  Saw them on TV not long ago.  The Wilson sisters look sort of like suburban ladies of a certain age, but they Still sound great.
  3. Smuggler's Blues - Glen Frey(Eagles).  Shades of Miami and Don Johnson, 1985.  
  4. Sweet Child o' Mine - Sheryl Crow.  I love the GnR version too.  
  5. Doctor My Eyes - Jackson Browne.  ... was I unwise, to keep them open for so long???
  6. Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix.  What more can be said?
  7. Wonder - Natalie Merchant.  I think this was her first hit after 10,000 Maniacs.  Great lyrics.
  8. Don't look back - Peter Tosh and Mick Jagger.  All sorts of stories about Jagger being smashed, crashing the recording session.  Who knows if it's true or not?
  9. Can't find my way home - Blind Faith.  Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton - two of the best artists from any decade.  Winwood has a haunting quality to his voice.
  10. Teenage Wasteland - The Who. One of the best, from one of the very best rock groups ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment