Coach

Coach

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's a bike! (well almost)

I'm closing in on completing my build.  Bits and pieces dribble in, I find more little quirks (like Whiskey 9 forks are set for 140mm rotors), and little odds & ends like that.  but mostly - it looks like a bike now.
Handlebars, brakes and cables came in today.  I'm splurging on cables and using Shimano BC 9000, which are supposed to be absolutely the cat's meow.
The wheels are built, true to <.005", and within 50 newtons variance across all spokes.  I love working with HED rims.  This is the 3rd and a half set I've built, and I definitely put them in the 'stuff that works' category.

By the weekend, dial in the cockpit, disassemble so I can cut the fork - talk about a non-reversible task, and then reassemble everything with lots of lube where lube needs to be, locktite where it needs to go, and maybe get to go for a ride.







No comments:

Post a Comment