Coach

Coach

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Minor details

And still the process of assembling this new bike goes on.  It's amazing all the piddly little tasks that have to get done when you build a bike up 'kit form', knowing that you are going to make some of it up as you go.

Progress today:
Unpackage cables and snake out the old basic Jagwire.  Realize that Shimano's slick, sweet, bloody spendy 9000 derailleur cable kit includes 2 inner derailleur cables, but only 1.2 outer cables. Yup - they assume all bikes have a partial cable for the front derailleur.  Clue stick time.  I'm hoping that one of the pro level shops here in town stocks that housing, not just the kits.  Cheap b@strds.
Realize that in order to really do my setups, like measuring cables, I need to stand on two wheels.  I've got a pair of Challenge Almanzos all set to go on the bike, but I need rim strips.  *@&#!$.  Not just any rim strip - it's gotta be a wider one...  No, I'm NOT using gorilla tape.  Ever clean that stuff off?  And no, I'm not setting them up tubeless until I get a second set of wheels so I can have two sets of tires mounted.
So tonight was spent doing the piddly stuff - like putting anti-seize on Ti bolts, torquing brake rotors, taking measurements off my existing bike in order to duplicate them on the new one - stuff that occupies time.

~marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment